Police
Baltimore City State’s Attorney will no longer authorize no-knock warrants
The Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office will no longer authorize no-knock warrants following the death of Breonna Taylor.
The Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office will no longer authorize no-knock warrants following the death of Breonna Taylor in Kentucky earlier this year, reports CBS 13 WJZ.
The state’s attorney’s office shared a number of policy changes with the outlet, including the end of the no-knock warrant.
“Recent events, such as the tragic killing of Breonna Taylor, have shown that the ends do not justify the means. Seventeen states do not allow this tactic, and our office will also no longer sign off on this dangerous measure,” Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby said in a note to staff which was shared with WJZ.
Other changes include asking for a bench warrant only for felony offenses and under certain circumstances.
“We are currently quashing warrants for offenses we are no longer prosecuting, dismissing pending cases for certain low-level offenses, and do not want people to be held unless absolutely necessary,” Mosby wrote.

Baltimore City FOP on no-knock warrants
Baltimore’s Fraternal Order of Police blasted the change, calling it “irresponsible” and a judge should decide if a no-knock is warranted
“There is a time and place for no-knock warrants in law enforcement! A Judge should be the only person who decides whether a no-knock is warranted, after a thorough review of the probable cause in the affidavit.”
Taylor was shot and killed inside her Louisville, Kentucky, apartment on March 13 as police executed a warrant in a drug case. Taylor’s boyfriend told “CBS This Morning’s” Gayle King in an exclusive interview earlier this week he was “a million percent sure” the officers did not identify themselves as they claimed.
A grand jury declined to charge the officers in Taylor’s death but did charge one former officer, Brett Hankison, with wanton endangerment because some of his bullets hit a neighbor’s apartment.
Taylor’s family was awarded $12M for her wrongful death.
Photo: DavidVanguard.org
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Want to tell your story, send a news tip or report a correction? Contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Facebook, X, TikTok, Instagram, News Break
Discover more from Unheard Voices Magazine®
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoBlack woman found hanging from tree behind vacant home in Jackson, Mississippi
-
In Memoriam2 weeks agoTrailblazing entertainment journalist Flo Anthony dies at 74
-
Health & Wellness1 week agoFormer “Glee” dancer Brittany Parks reveals stage 2 triple‑negative breast cancer diagnosis
-
Education2 weeks agoForbes releases 2026 Top 20 HBCUs list
-
Real Voices2 days agoViral Waffle House employee says the company fired him
-
Real Voices1 week agoGeorgia man drowns after rescuing young girl from dangerous rip current at Myrtle Beach
-
Crime & Justice1 week agoUgandan football captain David Owori beaten to death in street gang attack
-
Community1 week agoPastor Jamal Bryant announces national prayer rally for Nolan Wells




