Police
FBI opens investigation into fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor
The Federal Bureau of Investigation in Louisville has announced its office will open an investigation into the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Louisville has announced its office will open an investigation into the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor.
FBI investigation into the Breonna Taylor case
“The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence and will ensure that the investigation is conducted in a fair, thorough and impartial manner,” the statement said.
“As this is an ongoing investigation, we are not able to comment further at this time.”
Botched raid leads to death
Taylor, 26, was fatally shot by Louisville Metro Police when they entered her home to serve a warrant, police have said.
Due to a number of media requests, FBI Louisville is issuing the following statement. pic.twitter.com/i64rb9DW2z
— FBI Louisville (@FBILouisville) May 21, 2020
Taylor’s family filed a lawsuit against the Louisville Metro Police Department accusing three officers of wrongful death, excessive force and gross negligence.
Louisville Metro Police Department officials said officers engaged in the shooting after Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, shot at them first.
But the lawsuit alleges that police did not identify themselves and that Walker, a licensed gun owner, thought someone was breaking in. Neither Walker nor Taylor had a criminal history of drugs or violence, the suit says.
Taylor had been working on the front lines during the coronavirus pandemic as an EMT at emergency rooms at two hospitals, her family said.
“Breonna loves life and she loved to help people and she loved her family. She didn’t deserve what they did to her,” Tamika Palmer, her mother, told CBS News correspondent Jericka Duncan.
----------------------------------------------------------
Connect with Unheard Voices on X, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube
Download the app on Google Play or ITunes.
----------------------------------------------------------
Unheard Voices Magazine is a news reporting platform covered under Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
-
News1 week ago
South Carolina veteran dies on his birthday while saving 13-year-old boy from drowning
-
Black And Missing1 week ago
Update: The body of missing Ohio 13-year-old has been found; her father charged for her murder
-
Crime & Justice3 weeks ago
Twin brothers miss their flight to Boston, later found dead in Georgia mountains
-
Crime & Justice4 days ago
Authorities release cause of death for Kei’Mani Latigue
-
Health & Wellness2 weeks ago
21-year-old man becomes first in New York to be cured of sickle cell anemia
-
Education2 weeks ago
Teacher ordered to remove inclusive signs from classroom; GoFundMe raises more than $15k to support diversity and inclusion
-
In Memoriam1 week ago
Brothers from New Jersey killed in Philadelphia highway crash
-
Culture4 weeks ago
Altadena family spanning generations lost 20 homes in Los Angeles wildfires