Health & Wellness
Singer Montell Jordan reveals he’s beaten cancer again
Montell Jordan revealed the news in an Instagram reel posted December 26. He said his doctors called on Christmas morning with the update he had prayed for.
Montell Jordan announced he has beaten cancer for the second time, marking a powerful milestone in his ongoing health journey.
Singer Montell Jordan’s journey with cancer
Jordan first received a Stage 1 prostate cancer diagnosis in 2024 after a routine Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) screening. Doctors moved quickly, yet the cancer returned in 2025, prompting another round of treatment even after his prostate was removed.
Christmas Call Confirms He Is Cancer‑Free
Jordan revealed the news in an Instagram reel posted December 26. He said his doctors called on Christmas morning with the update he had prayed for.
“I got the greatest Christmas gift I could have ever gotten,” Jordan said. He explained that his medical team confirmed he is now undetectable and cancer‑free after months of preparation and recovery.
Jordan also highlighted his upcoming documentary, Sustain, which chronicles his two‑year fight.
Montell Jordan Previously Spoke About the Cancer’s Return
In September, Jordan appeared on TODAY and discussed the unexpected recurrence. He believed his story had ended after his radical prostatectomy.
“I always imagined I would be telling my prostate cancer story from the other side,” he said. “My prostate was removed. There were clear margins.”
However, doctors later found cancerous lymph nodes. Jordan said he would begin targeted radiation and hormone blockers to stop further growth. He described the treatment as a necessary pause to protect his long‑term health.
A Call for Cancer Awareness and Early Screening
Jordan’s announcement reinforces the importance of early prostate cancer detection, especially for Black men, who face higher risks. His experience underscores how screenings and consistent follow‑up care can save lives.
He plans to continue sharing his journey through Sustain and ongoing advocacy.
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Discover more from Unheard Voices Magazine®
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Opinions2 weeks agoThe arrests of journalists who covered Minnesota church protest is an attack on independent journalism
-
Social Justice2 weeks agoTemple student who assisted Don Lemon in covering Minnesota protest faces federal charges
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoOhio man sentenced to 21 years to life in fatal uber driver shooting
-
Black and Missing2 weeks agoUpdate: Missing N.J. autistic teen is not in federal custody
-
Real Voices2 weeks agoRelative of funeral home owner injured as he saved remains in Georgia blaze
-
Crime & Justice5 days agoGeorgia mother delivering for DoorDash fatally shot outside elementary school
-
Police1 week agoDetroit woman shot six times by police files $25M lawsuit against officer, city
-
Black Excellence2 weeks agoAsbury Park High School: MLK Day with Dr. Clarence B. Jones



