Black and Missing
Missing New Jersey teen found deceased
Connor Oldfield, a 19‑year‑old New Jersey man with autism who disappeared last month, has been found dead, officials said Thursday.
PLAINFIELD, N.J. — Connor Oldfield, a 19‑year‑old New Jersey man with autism who disappeared last month, has been found dead, officials said Thursday.
Connor Oldfield Found: Officials Confirm Discovery
City leaders and the Plainfield Police Department confirmed the discovery and called his death “a heartbreaking loss felt across our entire community.”
Police Director James T. Abney said officers found Oldfield’s body in the Green Brook Park area near the Roosevelt Avenue bridge. He thanked supporting agencies, including the New Jersey State Police, and said investigators “left no stone unturned” during the search.
Timeline of Connor Oldfield’s Disappearance
Police reported Oldfield missing on Jan. 24. A community alert said witnesses last saw him on Watson Avenue wearing yellow, black and gray camouflage fleece pajamas and a gray zip‑up jacket. The alert also noted that he was verbal but could become anxious if approached.
Connor Oldfield’s Mother Feared ICE May Have Detained Him
During the search, Oldfield’s mother said she feared ICE had mistakenly detained her son. She noted that agents were in the area the day he vanished and feared they “picked him up” while he carried no identification. However, Plainfield police said they contacted federal officials, who confirmed ICE had not detained Oldfield.
Authorities stressed that no evidence supported the claim.
Search Efforts and Ongoing Investigation
The discovery of Oldfield’s body ended a search that drew regional law‑enforcement support and community volunteers. The Green Brook flows behind homes and cuts through parkland near the bridge where officers found him. Officials have not released details about how long he may have been in the water or the cause of death.
Community Urged to Avoid Speculation
Mayor Adrian Mapp urged residents to avoid speculation as detectives continue their work. He said the loss “hits all of Plainfield” and urged the community to support Oldfield’s family with compassion.
Authorities said the investigation remains active. Officials said they will not release additional information.
GoFundMe campaign created
A GoFundMe campaign created by family initially to support search efforts is accepting donations after the tragic loss of Connor.
To learn more or donate, visit the GoFundMe page here.
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Want to tell your story, send a news tip or report a correction? Contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Facebook, X, TikTok, Instagram, News Break
Discover more from Unheard Voices Magazine®
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoBlack woman found hanging from tree behind vacant home in Jackson, Mississippi
-
Real Voices2 days agoViral Waffle House employee says the company fired him
-
In Memoriam2 weeks agoTrailblazing entertainment journalist Flo Anthony dies at 74
-
Health & Wellness1 week agoFormer “Glee” dancer Brittany Parks reveals stage 2 triple‑negative breast cancer diagnosis
-
Police1 week agoTeen sues city of Indianapolis and cop for falsely accusing him of attempted murder
-
Real Voices1 week agoGeorgia man drowns after rescuing young girl from dangerous rip current at Myrtle Beach
-
Community2 weeks agoPastor Jamal Bryant announces national prayer rally for Nolan Wells
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoUgandan football captain David Owori beaten to death in street gang attack




