Social Justice
Kendrick Johnson’s parents file $10B lawsuit against federal judges

VALDOSTA, Ga. — The parents of Kendrick Johnson have filed a $10 billion federal lawsuit accusing several judges in the Northern District of Georgia of joining a long‑running conspiracy to hide the truth about their son’s 2013 death. This revelation comes after the Johnson’s $1 billion lawsuit against Georgia agencies was dismissed last week.
In a FOX 5 Atlanta report, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson allege the judges acted outside their authority to protect agencies they believe helped cover up what they call the “premeditated murder” of their son.
Kendrick Johnson’s parents lawsuit Accusations
The lawsuit, filed March 3, 2026, names two judges and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
The complaint claims the judges worked with local and state authorities, including the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, in what the Johnsons describe as a “racketeering influenced corrupt organization.”
Related: Kendrick Johnson case reopened by Georgia sheriff
The filing, obtained by the outlet, argues the judges issued “materially false, fraudulent, and felonious” orders to dismiss earlier cases without due process. The Johnsons say these actions show a “clear absence of jurisdiction.”
Claims of a Cover‑Up
According to the report, the Johnsons allege the defendants were “joined at the hip” with agencies accused of concealing evidence in the case and misconduct.
The lawsuit reportedly revisits early reports from the scene. It highlights a school resource officer’s statement that Kendrick’s face “was severely disfigured and swollen,” noting that the officer said the teen’s dreadlocks were the only identifying feature, per Fox 5.
Related: Possible audio confession surfaces in Kendrick Johnson death investigation
Kendrick Johnson was found dead inside a rolled‑up gym mat at Lowndes County High School in January 2013. Authorities ruled the death accidental, citing “positional asphyxia.” The Johnsons have vehemently rejected that conclusion for more than a decade.
The new complaint points to an FBI case file, per Fox. It alleges an investigator told a coroner that an autopsy “was not needed because the death was an accident” before the investigation was complete. The family also cites crime‑scene photos they believe show “severe non‑accidental blunt force trauma” and a “skull fracture.”
Related: Kendrick Johnson’s parents file wrongful death suit against Georgia school system
Legal History and Ongoing Disputes
The Johnsons previously filed a $1 billion lawsuit against:
- the Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office
- and other agencies
A federal judge dismissed that case recently.
Judge Sarah Geraghty acknowledged inconsistencies in the early investigation. She noted concerns about the size of the gym‑mat opening compared to Kendrick’s shoulder width and cited the coroner’s report describing a “very poor to worse” investigative climate. She also pointed to issues involving the handling of Kendrick’s body and the opening of a sealed body bag.
Despite those concerns, the judge ruled that the GBI was immune under the Eleventh Amendment. She also found that some claims were barred by procedural requirements, including statutes of limitation.
The Johnsons have long argued that these defenses lack merit. They maintain that the earlier dismissal strengthened their resolve to pursue broader claims in the new $10 billion action.
Related: Kendrick Johnson’s gym mat death lawsuit dismissed
What Happens Next
The case is now pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. This happens to be the same court named as a defendant.
The filing marks the latest turn in a legal fight that has spanned more than 13 years, underscoring a family’s refusal to abandon their search for accountability in their son’s death.
- You can view the court filing on Fox 5 Atlanta.
- See more on the Kendrick Johnson case.
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Follow us on Facebook, X, TikTok, Instagram, News Break
Black and Missing5 days agoMissing Alabama teen found burned, dismembered after parents search woods themselves
Black Excellence1 week agoAt 108, Delaware woman still drives, exercises and says she “grows old gracefully”
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoOhio deputy who fatally shot Black man entering his grandmother’s house is convicted of reckless homicide
New Jersey7 days agoNew Jersey teen accidentally struck and killed by train; Community mourns beloved student-athlete
In Memoriam1 week agoCrystal R. Emery, filmmaker and advocate for equity, dies at 65
Black Excellence5 days agoOakland valedictorian accepted into 31 colleges chooses LSU to pursue dream of becoming a doctor
Politics1 week agoNational Coalition plans May 16 Day of Action in Alabama after Voting Rights Act overturned
Culture1 week agoOWN renews ‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’ for season 12
Community6 days agoOnce homeless, Charlotte mother finds stability after community support transforms her future
Social Justice5 days agoLeaders demand apology over comedian’s offensive George Floyd and Sheryl Underwood jokes during Kevin Hart Netflix Roast






















Mattie Watson
March 19, 2026 at 7:26 pm
Truth and Justice fot Kendrick Johnson
Katy Isaiah
March 19, 2026 at 8:29 pm
Justice for Kendrick Johnson
K lewis
March 19, 2026 at 9:55 pm
Justice for Kendrick Johnson. We need justice now
Charisse Ladson
March 19, 2026 at 10:08 pm
JUSTICE FOR KENDRICK LAMAR
Kristina
March 20, 2026 at 12:03 am
Justice for Kendrick Johnson!!
Cj
March 20, 2026 at 1:55 pm
[email protected]
Angel
March 20, 2026 at 7:31 pm
JUSTICE FOR KENDRICK JOHNSON
Acire Nameerf
March 30, 2026 at 5:39 am
Justice for Kendrick!!! We will not stop 🛑