Crime & Justice
Sad: Baby who was shoved out window in N.J. has died; mother still in critical condition
The 3-month-old Jersey City boy who police say was shoved out a third-floor window along with his mother died today, authorities announced this afternoon.
The 3-month-old Jersey City boy who police say was shoved out a third-floor window along with his mother died today, authorities announced this afternoon.
The charges against the baby’s father, Frederico Bruno, will likely be upgraded to murder. Initially the 19-year-old Jersey City man was charged with aggravated assault, but it was upgraded to attempted homicide and then attempted murder.
Bail set at $300K for Jersey City man accused of pushing ex-girlfriend and their child out window
Enlarge Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal Frederico Bruno, 19, of Jersey City, appears at Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City via video link from the Hudson County jail in Kearny on Monday, July 30, 2012, charged with throwing his ex-girlfriend and their baby out a third-story window on July 27.
Damien Bruno died at Hackensack University Medical Center at 12:35 p.m. An autopsy will be performed tomorrow, said Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory, who added that no decision on additional charges will be made until after the autopsy.
On Monday, authorities said the baby was in “more than critical condition.”
Authorities say Bruno let himself into his former girlfriend’s Rutgers Avenue apartment on Friday morning and when she returned with the baby and a friend, Bruno stabbed the friend multiple times before turning on his ex-girlfriend.
Police believe Bruno stabbed his 20-year-old ex-girlfriend multiple times as she shielded their son from the attack. Police say that it was at that point that Bruno shoved the 20-year-old and the baby with such force that the two of them and an air condition were hurtled out the window and 30 feet to the ground.
Bruno’s former girlfriend remains in critical condition, in an induced coma, authorities say. Her friend, 21, had been listed in critical condition as late as Monday, but authorities said today that she has been released from the hospital.
After the initial attack, police say Bruno went to the backyard and begin beating his former girlfriend with a wooden table that was nearby. He then fled the area, cops said, and was caught that night in Belleville in a vacant apartment in the same building his sister lives.
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Discover more from Unheard Voices Magazine®
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Black Excellence2 weeks agoShirley Raines, Beauty 2 The Streetz founder who helped Skid Row’s homeless, dies at 58
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoNew Brunswick, NJ 16-year-old shot and killed inside home
-
Community2 weeks agoGeorgia woman partially paralyzed after sword attack, family launches GoFundMe
-
Culture2 weeks agoSt. Thomas Carnival 2026 dates announced
-
Opinions1 week agoThe arrests of journalists who covered Minnesota church protest is an attack on independent journalism and freedom of press
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoLegal Defense Fund calls on federal leaders to condemn violence against public officials and cease inciteful rhetoric
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoFormer Illinois sheriff’s deputy sentenced to maximum 20 years for murder of Sonya Massey
-
Social Justice1 week agoTemple student who assisted Don Lemon in covering Minnesota protest faces federal charges



