Community
GoFundMe launched after death of Mississippi teen Nolan Xavier Wells
Loved ones of 18‑year‑old Nolan Xavier Wells has launched an official GoFundMe campaign after authorities found the Mississippi teen dead.
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. — Loved ones of 18‑year‑old Nolan Xavier Wells has launched an official GoFundMe campaign after authorities found the beloved Mississippi teen dead near Horn Island following an extensive multi‑agency search over the Fourth of July weekend.
Donations quickly surpassed $100,000 at the time of this report and continue to surge.
“This is the OFFICIAL and ONLY GoFundMe account,” Wonsley wrote on Facebook. She said the family is “broken beyond words” and deeply grateful for the community’s support.
The fundraiser describes Wells as a beloved son, brother and friend remembered for his kindness, bright smile and ability to “spark up a whole room.”
Body Found After Extensive Search
According to WLOX, Wells disappeared on July 4 while boating with a group to Horn Island, Mississippi. The group returned but Wells didn’t. His absence triggered a large search effort involving the United Cajun Navy, local law enforcement, first responders and the U.S. Coast Guard. A U.S. Park Service ranger discovered a body matching Wells’ description on July 6, and his family later confirmed his death on social media.
Community Mourns Nolan Xavier Wells
Friends and relatives said Wells was kind, easygoing and able to calm tense moments. One friend told the Sun Herald that Wells “could spark up a whole room.”
Wells played wide receiver at Southwest Mississippi Community College after graduating from Ocean Springs High School. Ocean Springs head football coach Jake Bramlett told WLOX that Wells was “so much more than an outstanding football player,” adding that he carried himself with grace, humility and respect.
Ongoing Investigation: Family Hires Attorney Ben Crump
The family announced they have hired civil rights attorney Ben Crump to demand a full probe into the death of Wells.
Earlier this week, Crump told ABC News Live that Wells’ body will be flown to Washington D.C for an independent autopsy.
Meanwhile, Mississippi authorities continue to review the circumstances surrounding Wells’ death.
The Mississippi state medical examiner performed an autopsy on Tuesday, but it could take weeks to receive the results, which include a toxicology report.
Officials said they will release additional information once the coroner completes the final report.
Real stories. Real impact. Straight to your inbox. Join thousands others. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter today!
Want to tell your story, send a news tip or report a correction? Contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Facebook, X, TikTok, Instagram, News Break
Discover more from Unheard Voices Magazine®
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Crime & Justice2 weeks agoBlack woman found hanging from tree behind vacant home in Jackson, Mississippi
-
In Memoriam2 weeks agoTrailblazing entertainment journalist Flo Anthony dies at 74
-
Health & Wellness1 week agoFormer “Glee” dancer Brittany Parks reveals stage 2 triple‑negative breast cancer diagnosis
-
Education2 weeks agoForbes releases 2026 Top 20 HBCUs list
-
Real Voices2 days agoViral Waffle House employee says the company fired him
-
Real Voices1 week agoGeorgia man drowns after rescuing young girl from dangerous rip current at Myrtle Beach
-
Crime & Justice1 week agoUgandan football captain David Owori beaten to death in street gang attack
-
Community1 week agoPastor Jamal Bryant announces national prayer rally for Nolan Wells




